Monday, January 31, 2011

Anchors Aweigh






Old Navy really has some cute anchor items this year. These are the ones that I ordered for myself. I got the long sleeve shirt first when I found it at a local store. The other items were things I found from their website, first the tote, then the short sleeve shirt and the bathing suit (top and bottoms are sold separately). I purchased two pairs of anchor pajama pants too (not pictured). I guess it is no surprise that Old Navy sells anchor items considering the name of their store, but I believe it is much more than that.

It seems like anchor items are quite popular right now. I purchased an anchor necklace from Tiffany & Co. about four months ago.
Tiffany & Co. anchor pendant
I purchased two anchor charms for my Pandora bracelet and also found a cute little anchor/nautical themed necklace at Aeropostale. I just noticed that Coach came out with a few pieces of sterling silver anchor jewelry items as well.

Coach earrings

Coach anchor ring
I am sure there are other things that I am forgetting or that I have not noticed yet, but this is what I have seen. I am sure that my husband will tease me when he returns from deployment to see all of this, but I quite like it for now. It is nice to see and they are quite fashionable. Maybe this is related to the military themed clothing and purses that had been on runways not too long ago. I could not get into that at all as I believe the only people who should wear camouflage or a uniform is someone in the military. At least anchors can be associated with other things besides the Navy and the ones I have seen are really cute. Who knows how long that will last. I am enjoying it for now, but I am sure there will be a point where I get sick of seeing them. So until then...

Pandora anchor charm

Pandora anchor, heart, cross charm

No comments:

Post a Comment